Monday, September 21, 2009

The One

He is the man I want.

I may be having a love affair. I can’t call it love but I'm in a different state of mind. I feel brand new. I break into smiles at the oddest of times...when I least expect it, like when I’m dropping off to sleep and those random thoughts go running through my mind. My heart races when my phone rings and I’ve acquired a weird and wonderfully forgiving spirit. Knock me over the head with a bottle and I might pat you on the cheek and float serenely away oblivious to the trail of blood I leave behind.

I love the way he might hold my hand, the way he may touch me and the way he might hold me close. I enjoy the way he might cuddle me and the way he might whisper in my ear but I’m a little afraid he might break my heart. What the hell, I’m afraid I’ll break his heart! I’ve been burned before and I know how much it hurts. I’ve also done my share of the burning. I don’t want to do it again. It hurts more than being burned.

We share dreams and some of the same interests. I love the way he thinks. No doubt he has a piece of my heart. It may only be a tiny piece but I guard my heart because I know how fragile it is. If anything should happen it will be a giant leap of faith to say the least because I will have to use my imagination a lot. That’s not something I ever dreamed of doing if everything were the way it was supposed to be. Maybe it’s a sign. Things may never be the way they’re supposed to be. He might not be the one and yet...

The fact remains that he is the man I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment