Sunday, September 27, 2009

Heart over...Eyesight?

As you know, I am a romantic. The ability to express love is therefore essential for any man who wants to be with me. You can’t just say, you have to be able to show. Actions speak...you know the rest. The ultimate test of compatibility for me though is that we agree in our religious beliefs; it’s the only way we can rationally sort our way through the difficulties we’re bound to face.

BUT! and this is a big BUT...I DOUBT! And that’s also a big DOUBT, that I can be with someone I do not find physically attractive. He may have all those qualities I want in a man but how I will know that if I’m not at first attracted enough to him to want to get to know him better...you get me? I’m not saying it will never happen but it’s unlikely.

You hear people say things like “Oh he/she wasn’t fine but had something special going on...some kinda swagger that made him/her hot” (I detest the word ‘swagger’ by the way, but how for do, it just happened to fit in here).

How hot could this attitude be? How does it make you forget that you would not normally be attracted to this person? Love must indeed be blind. So I pose the question: how important is beauty/handsomeness/attractiveness?

No comments:

Post a Comment